Saturday, April 3, 2010
Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Eggs
Adapted from Kitchen Simplicity
Kids can: Dip the eggs in chocolate and sprinkles.
* 1/4 cup butter
* 40 large marshmallows (5 cups mini or 250g)
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla
* 6 cups rice krispies
* 6 oz. baking chocolate
1. Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat and add rice krispies. Stir until equally incorporated.
2. Using a greased 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out some of the mixture and form into an egg. Set aside and repeat until all of the mixture has been used up.
3. Melt chocolate. Dip the tops into chocolate, then into sprinkles.
4. Store covered at room temperature for up to two days. Freeze for longer storage.
* If you don’t want to go through the work of making the eggs. You could put the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan. Once it has set up, cut into bars and dip away. Still festive, less work.
* Dampen your hands with water before forming to stop the mixture from sticking to them.